Our hospital is currently undergoing a major expansion project that will mean a much-improved experience for you and your pets!
As this project progresses, we will send regular communications to our clients as well as post alerts and updates here regarding significant impacts that the construction project may cause for our clients and patients. We are committed to doing everything we can to minimize inconvenience for you and stress on your pets during this process. During construction large, and likely noisy, equipment will be in use. Our staff is ready and able to assist you and your pet in and out of the building during these phases to help reduce stress and anxiety from these environmental factors.
SPECIAL CONSTRUCTION ALERTS:
We have now moved into Phase 2 of the construction process.
Changes you might notice on your next visit to our hospital include:
· New epoxy flooring in our treatment and procedure rooms
· Painting touch-ups in the lobby and exam rooms
· New cabinets in the old treatment area
· Finishing touches in the new part of the hospital
The entire project should be finished by October.
The construction primarily affects where staff will come out to get your pet and where staff will meet you when we bring your pet back out to you. We will have a staff member and signage outside to help direct you to the appropriate area.
- Appointments will continue to be curbside for the foreseeable future.
- When you arrive for your pet’s appointment, call us to let us know you are here and the best number to reach you.
- An assistant will call you, go over your pet’s history and direct you where to park. After we retrieve your pet, you will be directed to the parking lot to wait until your pet’s appointment is finished. After you have checked out, a staff member will bring your pet out to your vehicle.
We anticipate these changes to continue for the next few weeks. We will continue to provide updates as we navigate construction and the current pandemic situation.
We thank you for your patience, understanding, and continued support as we move toward our goal of creating a bigger, better Crossroads for you and your pets.
The team at Crossroads Animal Hospital is looking forward to this expansion and renovation because it will enable us to offer you and your pets more services and a better experience!
Our expansion and renovation project will include:
- Additional exam rooms
- Dedicated dog and cat exam rooms to reduce stress for our patients
- Comfort suite for end of life care
- Dedicated ultrasound room
- Additional surgical suite
- Fenced play & exercise yard
- Larger reception area with dedicated cat and dog waiting areas
- Larger treatment area
- More parking spaces
The first expansion phase will take approximately eight months to complete, and you can expect to see lots of dirt moving and heavy machinery on site. We’ll have staff posted outside the building to help you get in and out of the building safely and to minimize stress for your pets as much as possible.
During the second phase, we’ll be operating out of the new expansion while the older part of the building is renovated. Our reception area will be smaller and the building entrance will change from the current door to an entry at the front of the building facing the parking lot. Boarding services may be affected during this time, but we’ll be sure to alert you in advance if we anticipate any issues that might impact scheduled reservations.
Thank you for your patience while we build a bigger a better Crossroads Animal Hospital!
Please feel free to call us at (540) 832-1751 with any questions or concerns you may have or if you or your pet need special assistance navigating the construction process.